Monday, January 5, 2009

Leftover thoughts from yesterday and Pay It Forward

Well, yesterday I didn't get to sew or post. I had a great plan for after the kids were in bed but Sundays are often hectic around here and sure enough when I was getting my son to sleep I went too and afterward I had the opportunity to get up and get busy again but instead I took the extra hour or two of sleep while I could get it. My baby girl has been waking me up at all hours of the night so I need a bit of catchup sleep.

Anyway, I have this idea of doing a block every Sunday this year involving some fusible webbing and my own pattern that I am thinking up. I was going to start last night but didn't get to. Maybe I will work on it later today and post again tonight.

In the meantime, I signed up a few days ago for a Pay It Forward Group. So I am on Julie's over at Bush Baby Jag. Now I need to find three people to be on mine. Come on girls!!! I just want three people to send a handmade gift to this year. All you have to do is sign up to be one of my three people and then find three people of your own to send a gift to sometime this year. Then they agree to find three also and so on. Any takers?? Just make me a comment if you want to join mine. I have never done this before but it sounds like lots of fun.





I am so inspired by all that I am seeing on everyone's blogs that I will probably get planning overload, but here is the list I made several days ago of all my current project plans for this year. I don't think this will be all for the year of course, but as I am simply working off of the fabric I got from Christmas gift cards then I will be happy with what I have and use it to the fullest before seeking out new projects. Maybe I should set a goal to finish all of these before starting something new. (Unless it is a paid commission of course) This will at least keep me from stashing up more UFO's.

So here is my list of current projects to work on....


Calendar Quilt (join this group with us- sew a strip a day (or 7 strips a week like me!)
Walk Around the Block quilt - (needs to be finished, been hanging around for a few years)
Baby boy quilt 1
Baby boy quilt 2
I Spy Quilt for my son
I Spy Quilt for CASA
Tractor/Truck bed quilt for my son
New curtain for kitchen
New curtain for side door
Wall hanging to match curtain
Black and White Challenge Guild project
Painted muslin sign projects (multiple small ones)
Block a Week project (still working on)
A lap quilt for Papa
Wall hanging or bag from pink and green fabric
Fall fabric table runner
Blue and White checked project
Table Runner

That is 15 projects. Most are very small projects however and a couple are real question marks. I also now know of another expectant friend but don't know if I can make the baby fabric stretch, plus don't know what she is having yet. I usually try to make baby quilts for all my friends, and have definitely made more baby quilts than anything. The last three years were almost exclusively taken up with baby quilt projects(and having and raising babies!). And since I don't have any other photos at the moment, here are a couple of my more recent baby quilts-


This one was for Baby Julia. I call it Orange Sherbert. I made up the pattern as I went. I am sure it isn't original though, but I sometimes just cut out tons of triangles and then arrange them until I like the look. I am not one to look at patterns to do anything, I just wing it.




This one was for Baby Peyton. Again, had no idea what it would look like when I started. I really liked the colors and how it came out. Couldn't get my son to stay out of the picture. lol






And here is the one for my daughter. Still not bound. All I did was order two charm packs from the fat quarter shop online. I put them together and then fused the name on. Funny Story.... I was completely finished with the quilt with a different name on it that we were going to name her... and then a couple of weeks before she came we completely decided to change her name to Allison. We are so glad we did too, just weren't happy anymore with the old name. I felt pretty dumb after having told everyone months earlier the first name and sewing it on the quilt, but within 2 days I had the old one off and the new one on and stitched all around again! (still needs binding!) Love the colors.





Anyway, there are others, but I will save them for another time. I have about 5 more to show. I like doing lots of projects but don't have the money or time for full sized quilts, so for now baby quilts and lap ones will have to do.
Thanks for stopping by! Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment