Thursday, January 15, 2009

Improv Word Quilt

Well, things are still not quilte settled here what with the little ones and me being sick. Last night was very hectic and they wouldn't go to sleep for a long, long time. So no post last night.
Here is something I worked on two nights ago... I was looking at Jacquie's blog about improvisational quilting, and though I didn't want to join the challenge group and commit to anything, I did notice a few people were doing words without any pattern, so I jumped up and tried one myself. I think it came out great, but now I am wondering what to do with it! Maybe I will do Faith and Hope and somehow make a wall hanging out of it. It certainly turned out big! lol


I really enjoyed doing that as I am anti-pattern anyway.... I love anything I can do without following someone elses plan. I like getting to the actual fun stuff! One funny thing was that I was watching a movie while doing this and the song "That's the Story of Love" was playing.
Let me help you get this one stuck in your head for a moment....
"Youve got to give a little, take a little,
And let your poor heart break a little.
Thats the story of, thats the glory of love.
Youve got to laugh a little, cry a little,
Until the clouds roll by a little.
Thats the story of, thats the glory of love.
As long as there's the two of us,
Weve got the world and all its charms.
And when the world is through with us,
Weve got each others arms.
Youve got to win a little, lose a little,
Yes, and always have the blues a little.
Thats the story of, thats the glory of love.
Thats the story of, thats the glory of love."
There, now wasn't that fun? I hope you have a great one! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment